LITERATURE (27)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mary Griffith’s, 1835 - Three Hundred Years Hence, the 1st utopia story written by an American woman.

At Steamed By reading early sci-fi books, you gather wonderful steampunk ideas, as well as a Victorian and Regency perspective on their vis…

Started by Maeve Alpin

0 Nov 20, 2013

Is 'Boneshaker' any good?

Hey, I've seen this new steampunk book called 'boneshaker' ad wanted to know if anyone read it to tell me if it's any good. It sounded inte…

Started by Juniper

6 Aug 23, 2013
Reply by Charlotte Henley Babb

Steampunk Tips & Quips for Writers and Readers

Hi, I'm blogging at Smart Girls Love SciFy http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com/2013/06/27/guest-post-steampunk-quips-and-tips-by-maeve-alp

Started by Maeve Alpin

0 Jun 27, 2013

The Court of the Air

I picked up a paperback copy of Steven Hunt's 'The Court of the Air' over the weekend, and I've spent the last four days reading it. It's o…

Started by Helen Ryan

4 Feb 15, 2012
Reply by Helen Ryan

HISTORICAL ACCURACY IN STEAMPUNK?

To what extent should Steampunk novelists adhere to historical truth?Matt Delman, at Free The Princess, gives his opinion here:http://freet…

Started by Lia Keyes

10 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Ravven

FAVORITE STEAMPUNK BOOKS?

Got any favorites? Let's compile a library list! You can also upload photos of your favorite books' covers to the STEAMPUNK FICTION album.…

Started by Lia Keyes

24 Oct 22, 2011
Reply by Gerard Quinn

The Steampunk Lexicon

Hi All,   Regarding the topic raised by Jack Hammerquist Chat Mod : "A Steam Punk Dictionary" on thesteampunkempire.com I have created the…

Started by Paul Hobby

10 Oct 11, 2011
Reply by Paul Hobby

HOW LONG CAN STEAMPUNK LAST?

Steampunk was first christened in 1987, a lifetime ago as cultural and literary fads are measured. It has proved remarkably long-lived, b…

Started by Lia Keyes

16 Sep 9, 2011
Reply by Stephen Swartz

The Steampunk Lexicon

Hi All,   Regarding the topic raised by Jack Hammerquist Chat Mod : "A Steam Punk Dictionary" on thesteampunkempire.com I have created the…

Started by Paul Hobby

0 Sep 7, 2011

Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today

I want to tie together Steampunk, dieselpunk, and bioregionalism while indulging in a bit of social introspection.  Recently reading both f…

Started by Ettrick

1 Jul 17, 2011
Reply by Rafi Alexandrian Jose

RSS

SWAG Support Fund

Visit us on:

TWITTER                          TUMBLR

FACEBOOK                 

GOOGLE+                       

Latest Activity

L.S. Kilroy is now friends with Bill Tillman and Tim Campbell
Apr 16
Stewart J Breier added a discussion to the group AIRSHIP ADVENTURERS
Thumbnail

The Azure Cat

I'm in because I drew blueprints for a water ship / aerial / spacecraft, It runs on steam, and utilizes a mechanical energy storage and generation device.Within the vessel is a garden, for entirely self-contained food.The one aspect I haven't entirely worked out is H2O generation, i.e. fuel, or perpetual fuel.The ship also has a gamer's deck, in the event things get dull, or the moment strikes.Happy Sailing,SJSee More
Apr 3
Stephanie Kato and Clay Davis are now friends
Apr 3
Kevin Steil commented on Kevin Steil's blog post Airship Ambassador Interview #104 with Legend of Everett Forge author, Scott Wilke
"Airship Ambassador Interview #104 with The Legend of Everett Forge author Scott Wilke, conclusion, https://airshipambassador.wordpress.com/2017/03/30/interview-104-wilke-4/"
Mar 30
Kevin Steil commented on Kevin Steil's blog post Airship Ambassador Interview #104 with Legend of Everett Forge author, Scott Wilke
"Airship Ambassador Interview #104 with The Legend of Everett Forge author Scott Wilke, part 3, https://airshipambassador.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/interview-104-wilke-3/"
Mar 29
Clay Davis liked Lia Keyes's page SPREAD THE WORD
Mar 29
Clay Davis liked Maeve Alpin's profile
Mar 29
Clay Davis liked Maeve Alpin's discussion A Texas setting for Westernpunk
Mar 29

Click here for SWAG badges for websites

Small Press, Indie & Anthology Covers

© 2017   Created by Lia Keyes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service