Call for short story submissions for newsletter at steampunk store!

Our store is looking for stories for our newsletter, the Curiouser Phalarope!

THEME: A store where something unexpected occurs.  Steampunk themes a plus, but horror, fantasy, scifi, or a tangy mix of all four are more than welcome!

LENGTH: Up to 1500-2000 words is preferred, though if a long submission is of very high quality we will consider running it serially.

AUDIENCE: The newsletter will go out once a month, to the mailing list of a small steampunk themed book and game store near Seattle, otherworldsstore.com if you're curious about the store.  We're sponsoring a smallish local convention so our readership should grow abruptly in June before we'd publish your story!

WINNING CRITERIA:  We hope to use more than one story, though we may not publish more than one of two that have similar subjects.  Ideally we will publish several!

Winners will have our extreme enthusiasm backing them, and be invited back for future contests with larger audiences!  Critiques, if desired, can be provided.

Please post any questions in this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/otherworldsstore/t/67d385a99de58474

And submissions or private questions can be emailed to curiouserphalarope@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for reading!

Tags: contest, curiouser, edmonds, newsletter, phalarope, short, story, washington

Views: 142

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brynn... I'm finishing up edits for an anthology submission (last hurdle)... once things are settled you'll be hearing from me :D

Great!  We will be doing other contests if you don't make it in time--one a month, in fact!  Haven't decided what the next theme will be, tho'.  If you have time for this one that'd be awesome too!  Looking forward to it!

This sounds intriguing! I wish I'd seen it earlier :)

I'll start something and shoot it over!

It's actually a new contest now--the theme is Winter Chills...^^

RSS

SWAG Support Fund

Visit us on:

TWITTER                          TUMBLR

FACEBOOK                      WORDPRESS

GOOGLE+                        GOODREADS

Latest Activity

Wendy L. Callahan posted a blog post

While the author is away...

I am off to Steampunk Empire Symposium today! Yes, it is Thursday. Yes, I am leaving early. Yes, because I am bringing a toddler along (wait until you see her darling little costumes!), so better two days of driving at five and a half hours each, than one eleven-hour day. If you are attending, I will see you Friday afternoon (once I've freshened up from the journey, of course). If you are not attending, I will post a wrap-up by Monday night if possible... Though you will certainly hear me on…See More
2 hours ago
Ichabod Temperance commented on Wendy L. Callahan's blog post The Indie Steampunk Lit Extravaganza!
"Yes, Ma'am! I've gotten a couple of good ones! Steampunk Summer! Woo-Hoo!"
yesterday
Wendy L. Callahan commented on Wendy L. Callahan's blog post The Indie Steampunk Lit Extravaganza!
"It's a great way to stock up on steampunk reads for the summer, isn't it?"
yesterday
Ichabod Temperance commented on Wendy L. Callahan's blog post The Indie Steampunk Lit Extravaganza!
"I am so thrilled to be a part of this promotion! Thanks for sharing, Wendy L. Callahan!"
yesterday
Ichabod Temperance liked Wendy L. Callahan's blog post The Indie Steampunk Lit Extravaganza!
yesterday
Wendy L. Callahan posted events
yesterday
Wendy L. Callahan added a discussion to the group Sounds Of Steam
Thumbnail

Sounds of Steam, Adventures at Steampunk Empire Symposium, April 26, 2014

Note: This event will be for BOTH Saturday the 26th live recording at Steampunk Empire Symposium AND the show on Monday the 28th! https://www.facebook.com/events/887517111273776/ Join Travis and Wendy LIVE at Steampunk Empire Symposium where we shall record a show in front of you and others as our first live and interactive audience! We will have guests join us, including Calamity Dawn of Calamity Labs, Gandersnitch the Goblin, and…See More
yesterday
Nick Valentino posted a status
Tuesday

MEMBERS' BOOK COVERS

Small Press, Indie & Anthology Covers

Click here for SWAG badges for websites

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Lia Keyes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service