Thus far we have referenced the following locals in Anasazi Desert Chronicals or will be soon.

Desert Southwest - Dine Nation (Navajo),  Chaco Confederacy (Pueblo)

Belfast, Tara, Kells, Kildare, and Glendalough, Ireland

Cairo, Egypt 

Aztec Empire (Mexico)

Wichita (Kansas, USA)

Ulan Bator, Mongolia

And More are coming!

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is 'Anasazi Desert Chronicals'?

Anasazi Desert Chronicles is a set of two books (currently in writing mode) and a blog that connects the two books together while being a story in itself.  It is a futuristic, post-plague america, where the world has returned to a steampunk/old west world. Especially big in the story are the rebuilt cities of the Anasazi (think Chaco, Mesa Verda, A'ts'inna/ruins atop El Morro).

oh.. okay.. there wasn't a link anywhere so i wasn't sure what it was...  thanks

You'll have to forgive me here since I just came across your Anasazi Desert Chronicals. Since it's set or at least is partially set in the Southwest, you may want to include places like Durango, Colorado.  The Durango, Silverton RR, is a perfect vehicle for getting around.  I have a story I'm working that takes place in the future as well.  2115 to be exact and it's set in this region. 

Mine is 2113 and 2114, and I am planning to add Durango, Silverton, Orray, and the Silverton RR, also the Mitchel-Durango RR line that was planned but never built, as well as the fictional Beale RR which follows the Beale Wagon Trail, past modern El Morro (aka A'ts'inna) from ABQ to Flagstaff... I read alot of old books while living in Gallup and Thoreau NM about old rail lines, wagon trails, ghost towns, mines, and such...  cant wait to be settled in Farmington for good.

I just looked at the blog.  It's funny how similar things seem to be as far as what happened.  I have Josiah Wheat, his dog, Dodger, and a girl, a good deal younger than he, Lilly Halverson.  When you get settled in Farmington, if you would like, perhaps we could meet for coffee.  I know it would be great to meet someone closer than Colorado Springs.  Just a thought.

Have now added Kayenta, Canyon de Chelly, Totah (farmington, nm), Bluff Utah,  Blanders Utah,  and Flagstaff AZ to the story, and am busy writing the actual book backstory... 

RSS

SWAG Support Fund

Visit us on:

TWITTER                          TUMBLR

FACEBOOK                 

GOOGLE+                       

Click here for SWAG badges for websites

Small Press, Indie & Anthology Covers

© 2017   Created by Lia Keyes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service